Sonic really does exist

As a kid, I remember seeing commercials for Sonic on TV. They were always pretty funny and I remember wanting to go to a Sonic. But on Long Island, there was not one Sonic.

After years of commercials without seeing a single restaurant to show me that they exist, I began to think it was one big prank. The makers of Sonic were just messing with my head, trying to force the public into wanting food from a place that isn’t real. I shared this conclusion with my best friend, Sam.

Then Sam moved to Minnesota. While gchatting one day, she mentioned she was going to Sonic for lunch. Great, I thought, now even my best friend is in on the joke. But no, she insisted, there was a Sonic less than 5 minutes away from her new apartment. Not only was it close, but the tots were amazing. Right Sam, I’ll believe that when I see it.

I took a trip to Minnesota to see Sam and her husband Jason in May. Lo and behold, there was actually a Sonic. A real one, with real food! I had to experience it for myself.

So I obviously documented the entire trip to Sonic and created a video. Now you can all be part of my first mind blowing trip to a Sonic, the restaurant that really does exist.

10 Responses to Sonic really does exist

• Erin says:

I’m just going to pass the word along that there is a Sonic closer than Minnesota – there’s one in Peabody!

• kristengz says:

I know there’s one in Peabody, but even that one didn’t exist when I moved here a few years ago! Besides, it’s more fun to make these discoveries with your best friend :)

• Samantha says:

That. Was, EPIC!!!

Also, I kinda hate my voice. Is it always that high? Ugh.

Also also, I love you. :-D

That is all.

• Mercedes says:

Haha, I was just going to comment and say, you do realize there is one in Peabody, but Erin beat me to it!

• suzi says:

LOL! I know Sam here in MN and she tweeted about your video for your Sonic adventure. I haven’t been to one yet and I didn’t realize they actually did bring the food out to the car on ROLLER SKATES! Epic! :) Super cute.
    suzi´s last [post] ..Eye to Eye

• Renee says:

I just laughed so hard… you are a nut and would videotape this. There is also one in Wilmington, MA… thats the one i went to!

• Renee says:

O and ps…. Sam and Kristen now you know how I fel when we had to listen to my voice a million times while practicing for the fashion show… I hated listening to myself lol